When I say what I do for a living, the one big question everyone asks me is “What is a VA?”. When I explain (a bit), they immediately ask “how can I become one?”. Well, I tried to explain and explain and it seems like the question always comes from another friend (or stranger).
A virtual assistant is an entrepreneur, who assists others to live an easy life. Meaning: We help with any administrative, editorial and marketing tasks while the said individual concentrates on growing their career in more ways.
To start with, I am a mom with a very active kid to take care of. There were times I know I wanted to earn money, and there were only 2 hours a day I can work. Who will employ me in this circumstance? Will you? No, I don’t think so. But, the truth is I am not looking for the right job and the right people.
What do I do now?
I am a virtual assistant. My VA office hours are usually pretty much during nights. And I take a day or two off with just a single email sent to my clients. And guess what, I earn enough to support a family and more. I am not saying this is easy, but this is possible if you are an active individual, who is keen to learn and grow every single day. And that makes life more interesting.
Did I have any previous experience when people trusted me with their tasks?
No, I didn’t. My initial clients just had confidence in me that I can. And these are people who I never interacted with previously. So, I personally know that there are a lot of good people and opportunities out there, if only you are ready to be on the look out.
Being a virtual assistant is attractive for a lot of reasons.
1. It keeps you from running short of money.
2. It never gets boring. You will always have new clients, new tasks and every day is interesting.
3. You stay at home, have fun and be working on limited hours (at your scheduled time).
4. No initial investment needed, as long as you are getting more experienced and need more assistance with more systems in place.
5. You don’t make clients, you make friends. When you work for months and years with someone, who is passionate about their career and when you help them succeed, you are going to be their special someone. And that feeling – I will never with another job.
Are you afraid because of the tech stuff?
Leave the scary part. Without getting into major tech stuff, you can do a lot of things. Yes, it’s possible.
Why has virtual assistant career grown so tremendously?
Virtual assistance is one of the FASTEST growing industries worldwide. And it’s still going to grow in the coming years. I know people, who has successfully created great money and independence in their life and career.
- This industry will grow as long as the wonders of Internet grows, which is forever.
- Because both employers and employees are benefiting greatly from this. Yes, employers don’t need to give a office setup to you and maintain stuff. As long as people maintain all files online, employers are happy, as their work is safe. And we already know how a VA benefits from all this.
WANT TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME?
Start your Virtual Assistant biz by taking this FREE 5-day email course!
The course will let you know all the basics of being a virtual assistant. What services you can offer, how to find your clients and many other great things. Join in on the fun.
People just have question after question when it comes to becoming a virtual assistant. Do they need a certification? Do they need to be tech-savvy? How much should they charge? How can they find their clients? I don’t think answering these questions in 2-3 sentences will fully help them pave their path to a VA biz.
I made this course specifically for those who are wondering about these questions yourself. Join this free email course and jumpstart your career as a virtual assistant.
All you need is a computer and a reliable Internet connection and you are all set up to start. Let me walk through the basics of how to become a VA, get clients and earn money. Whether you are a blogger, a stay at home mom or small business owner, whoever you are, we all need extra money. And if you are choosing to spend some time and get paid for your expertise (yes, you have a lot of expertise in many things – let’s figure that out), join the journey and make life more entertaining.